Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Outlet for Honesty on This Journey of Motherhood & Life!!

 I have given much consideration to whether or not I should let my family and friends know that I have started a blog and the answer came to me rather suddenly when I was sitting here thinking about what I wanted to "blog" about this morning and after reading some fellow mommy's honest entries...in short the answer is "NO!"  (However, I would like to reserve the right to change this decision to "Maybe SOME of my family friends...someday!")

I feel like this blog can be my personal outlet of expression through this journey of motherhood & life and how can it truly be rewarding and useful if it's not completely honest? 

If I am to be COMPLETELY honest, I run the risk of the possibility that some things I write about may not be well received by my friends or family.  Please don't get me wrong, it's not that I am phony or not genuine on a daily basis...in fact, I think if you were to "Poll" those closest to me you would find that they would characterize me as "Forthcoming and honest with a dash of gentleness"  But like a lot of people out there (at least I HOPE I am not the only one), we sometimes feel like we have to bite our tongues or sugarcoat what it is we are really thinking or feeling in order to maintain the social "norm" or to project ourselves, to some degree, as the "perfect" mother, wife and woman.  So, this is the place I want to come to say what it is I have to say without preconceived judgement or knowledge of who I am.

I welcome constructive debate and criticism and from time to time it would be FABULOUS if another mom out there that may have experienced, is experiencing, has felt or is feeling the exact way I am at any given "post" will and/or can relate.  I do worry that I may not be able to truly allow myself the freedom that "blogging" allows...I guess time will tell! (Now, I am rethinking using my real name...LOL!)

Seriously, I am not delusional in believing that my blog will go viral and be the "must-read" for the millions and millions of users out there.  If a handful of complete strangers find my entries interesting, maybe even thought provoking or perhaps a little humorous, then that's the most I can ask for.  For all I know, not a single fellow blogger will engage with my site...after all, I am JUST another mom of twins wanting to share her thoughts!

Now where do I go from here?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...