Thursday, August 9, 2012

F.A.T. Friday! I'm B-A-A-A-C-K...


I am sure this goes without saying but I have been “absent” from my weekly installment of F.A.T. (Forging  Ahead Together) Friday due to an extra long Vay-K.  As you may remember, I had set forward with a solid plan of action to stay committed to my Healthy Lifestyle but you know what they say about the best laid plans…

Needless to say, I did not stay on track.  I tried not to overindulge but I had my moments of weakness (Ok, more than a few moments) BUT, I am in the full swing of things and back on track!  I have to admit that I was a little frightened to head back to Dr. B. because I was positive I would tip the scales with at least a 5 pound gain, if not more.  I am happy to report that I only gained 2.8 pounds and have since taken off 2.2 of those pounds.  I guess if you figure that I had actually indented to lose 10 pounds, I really shouldn’t be “happy” and I’m not…I am however relived that I didn’t set myself back more than a week on my weight loss journey.  

I've been thinking.  Oh! Oh!  I travel quite a bit and I have come to realization that being “off” program 2-3 times a year may be a strategy that helps me in the long run.    Hear me out…
If I “allow” myself the freedom to indulge during Vay-K’s I may not feel like I am “missing out” on life’s eating & drinking pleasures.  The more I “allow” myself this freedom the less I may take advantage of it and be a such a glutton.    Having these Vay-K indiscretions  may just help keep me focused on my day to day commitment to healthy living and have LESS OMG! moments.

See?  Doesn’t that make sense?  Ya, I’m not sure either but that’s the best I got.  LOL!   

And Finally...this weeks weight stats:

Week #7 (on program)- Wednesday August 8, 2012
Start Weight: 282 pounds

Goal Weight: 150 pounds

Last Week's Weight (June 20th): 248.2 pounds

Current Weight: 248.8

Weight Lost this Week: + 0.6 pounds
Total Lost to Date: 33.2 pounds

Next Week’s Suggested Topic:  Got a picture you wanna share?  At your healthiest?  At your not-so-healthiest?  A favorite meal?  Better yet...got a video?  Come on and share!




1 comment:

  1. Love your balanced attitude, Ginger! So proud of you for those 33.2 pounds to date! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...