Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Father's Day Tribute To TWO Of The Best Dad's I know!

They say a girl tends to marry someone much like her Father and I am proud to say that I sure did!  WAIT!  Don’t be too quick to say “Ahhhhh…that’s sweet!”  I did marry a man just like my dad…the good, the bad & the ugly!  (Mostly good though!)

This is my Dad!  Actually, I still call him Daddy at the age of 37 and he still calls me “Baby” (yes, I am the youngest and the “favorite”…LOL) and I cherish this!  So many of my friends get a “kick” out of our interactions because when we are engaged happily it is the most loving, caring thing to watch but when we are at “odds” fireworks and daggers ensue…but no matter what, we will always be “Daddy & Baby”!

 

This is my Husband!  Actually, I like to call him Sweetie and he calls be “Bum” (endearingly, of course). So many of my friends get a “kick” out of our interactions because when we are engaged happily it is the most loving, caring thing to watch but when we are at “odds” fireworks and daggers ensue…but no matter what, we will always be “Sweetie & Bum”!

 

This is my Dad and Husband!  No, he is NOT his biological son, I am my daddy’s baby but they sure do look a lot alike don’t they?  Eerie…I know! LOL

 

These are the two most important men in my life and they always will be! (My son Bryce will always be my most important “young man”)  It really is amazing how similar my dad and husband are…they DO have some differences but mostly similarities. Here are just few... 
  • I am happy that they love me unconditionally, regardless of how many times I have “totaled” the vehicle or said something that I regret. 
  • I love that we love each other so much that they can drive me CRAZY and to the point of delusional rage (ok, slight exaggeration).  Perhaps,  I love it more that this brings us closer together rather than drive us further apart. 
  • I love that they protect me and stand up for me even when they shouldn’t. 
  • I love that all they have to do is give me that special “look”, the one that is ONLY meant for ME and a great BIG hug and the troubles of my day, week, month or year just disappears, if only for the moment. 
  • I love that they are hard-working providers that indulge me from time to time with “things” I don’t really need but REALLY want. 
  • I love that they always support and find value in my dreams and life endeavors, despite how absurd they may be.
  • Above all else, I love that they love my children with every sole of their being and that they will make them feel as special and loved (and crazy at times) as I do.

I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have had a man like this in my life from the time I came into the world and now one until my time on earth comes to an end.  I can only hope that Ave finds a man just like her Daddy & Grampa, so she can feel the love and security that I have and continue to feel and I pray that through their example, Bryce will grow into the same wonderful husband, father and grampa.

I LOVE my Daddy and I LOVE my Baby Daddy so very much!

Happy Father’s Day to all the GREAT Dad’s out there and here's a big "shout-out" to all the lucky “gals” like me!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Very sweet tribute to your hubby and daddy! I hope they have a great day! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment! I hope you don't mind if I follow your adventures! I love finding new reads that I can relate to! :):)So nice to meet you! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have to say : your babies are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Andrea...and thanks for stopping by and commenting! (I get all giddy with excitment when I see someone has posted a comment...it's like a "drug"...LOL)

    I am just about to get the kids down for their morning naps and read the stories of Molly & Luke...it's so funny how I have to take "Blog" shifts in between all this "mommy stuff"...I'd love a full time, paid...blog reading job...LOL!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...