Thursday, May 17, 2012

F.A.T. Friday! I'm "outing" myself & making THE commitment....


Welcome to my first and  weekly edition of F.A.T. Friday.  No, not FAT as in F-A-T but as in Forging Ahead Together to get/stay healthy.  Yup!  I am going to start ANOTHER Blog Hop in hopes that others might jump on the “Healthy Train” and link up with me every Friday.  Even a small group of people can make the difference with regards to success and failure.  You don’t necessarily have to be on a “diet” to join...let’s just share stories on how we have taken control of our body, mind & soul!

Ok, so like, a couple months ago I made this BIG commitment to getting healthy.  Remember?  It lasted a whole week, maybe two, maybe.
After a whole lotta soul searching and a huge weigh gain.  I’ve finally made the commitment to lose weight.  To go on a diet.  To call it like IT is.  I am morbidly obese and very unhappy.  I have no energy and no ambition whatsoever.  My kids are suffering.  My husband is suffering.  Most importantly, I’m suffering.  So that’s it.  I’m done being fat , tired, depressed and lazy. 

2 ½ weeks ago I re-joined Dr. Bernstein.  A very strict, medically supervised weight loss program.  I had great success 4 years ago right before I started my infertility journey.  I lost a whopping 70 pounds in 5 months and I would have continued but due to the nature of IVF treatment I was forced to quit.  I must say that it didn’t take long to put back on forty of those seventy pounds and eventually all of it (and a bit more) but I abandoned everything I learned the minute I walked out the doors.

I could sit here and beat myself up about that but self-loathing is what brought me to where I am today, or at least in part.  No more of that either. 2 ½ weeks ago today, I woke up and declared “NO MORE!”

I WILL faithfully track my progress on Fridays with no excuses or delays.  I will be honest with myself and with you.  Another commitment I am making.  In doing so, I am going to post my weight, pounds lost, pounds gain, pictures, measurements and overall “thoughts” on this journey to a healthier me.  I do this for two reasons:
1.       To be accountable to myself and others who may join me on this life changing journey either by reading or linking up.

2.       To be able to show my kids, years from now, that anything worth “having” is worth “working for”.  That without your health, nothing in life is important.
To truly understand what a commitment this is for me to be making you must first know that I have never disclosed my weight to anyone.  It has always been the one thing I have NEVER been an open book about.  So to share that with my friends & family is one thing but to publicly post it on my blog is a whole other thing.  But, it’s time.  Time to shed the guilt and embarrassment of being obese and to get down to business and fix-it!

So now, allow me to get right to the nitty and gritty...

Start Date: Monday April 30, 2012
Start Weight: 282 pounds
Goal Weight: 150 pounds
Start Waist Measurement: 50 1/2 inches
Start Hips Measurement: 59 inches
(Week 1 Pictures )

 (Week 2 1/2 Pictures )


Week #2 (and a half): Wednesday May 16, 2012
Current Weight: 266.8
Total Lost to Date: 15.2 pounds
Current Waist: 50 inches (- 1/2 inch)
Current Hips: 56 1/2 inches (-2.5 inches)
There you have it.  My commitment to me, my family & you…ya, YOU!  Come on and link up and let’s Forge Ahead Together and be the healthiest beings we can be.   What do you say?  Let's (get) F.A.T. (together)!!!
Next Week Suggested Topic:  Talk about what your “healthy lifestyle” entails.  Are you on a specific diet?  Are you using a certain program and if so how does it work? What are some of the “perks” and/or challenges?  If you are maintaining a healthy weight, come on…share-share sugar bear!

Don't Blog But Wanna Join In?  Not a Problem. - You can always post a note on your Facebook page and link up that html here....just a thought!



9 comments:

  1. I am so very proud of you! I think you are VERRRRY brave to post pics too - you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike and I are doind Dr. B too! We should share some recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just bought a big lump to my throat. You are a great person, who has been given the most beautiful family. As you know I'm trying do hard to kiss the weight too. Could do with a little bit of help :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I'm proud of you and I need to get off my butt and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Taking care of yourself and your health is the best gift you can give your family. It's a brave thing you've done to hold yourself accountable here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to join..but alas..even after all your help I don't know how to link up. I don't have a lot of weight to lose BUT I am trying to find a healthy lifestyle for myself as well. This includes quitting smoking, training, and mental health. I think this is an awesome blog. I am so very proud of you, I think posting will give you some fabulous motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WAY TO GO DAUGHTER OF MINE I AM PROUD OF YOUR SUCCESS SO FAR KEEP IT UP I WILL DO ANYTHING TO SUPPORT YOU AND GOING TO START ON A REGIME MYSELF SOON....LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go girl, you're doing good already. (and your mom's comment brought tears to my eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you, making this commitment to yourself AND your family, Ginger!

    It's so much easier said than done, but prioritizing ourselves as moms and taking charge of our health is not only a great example for our kiddos, but I truly think it's one of the best gifts we can give them.

    Having lost my mom when I was 22, I want to do everything I can to be around for my girls when they're grown. I want to be a grandma! :)

    I'm gonna be cheering you on, Friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...