Sunday, July 29, 2012

Travelling Carnivals. Mama Loves...

I have been off the Mama Loves train for a couple weeks with Julie over at Pontifications of a Twin Mom and I've missed everyone over there!

BUT...I'M BACK!!

As fate would have it, during my visit back home to my little town of Porcupine, ON the Beauce Carnaval was in town.  The what?  Only the most anticipated event of the summer when I was growing up!!!

My bestie at the time and I would spend 5 of the 7 days they were in town riding rides, playing the games, eating the food and gawking at the lifestyles of carny's just walking around.  Now that I am older and wiser, I am SHOCKED that we didn't get into "trouble" and that my mom was brave enough to allow us to hang out there, unsupervised.  You see, this particular Carnival has a reputation for not-so-wholesome activity and EVERY stereotypical thing that may be coming to your mind about "Carney" is in fact true.  Kinda...sorta...Ok, perceived to be true.

I can't begin to explain how much fun I had as a teenager hanging out here in this supercharged, music pounding environment. We'd spend hours riding Every.Single.Attraction. many times over.  We'd "snack" on corn dogs, candy apples, pommes de terres frities (french fries) and candyfloss.  We'd giggle at the carny's who we knew were either sleep deprived, intoxicated, stoned or all three...LOL!  We both spend copious amounts of money on games we knew we'd never win except for those feather clips you'd wear in your hair (you know the ones I am talking about right??  A.K.A. roach clips...LMAO!)  Good times.  No!  GREAT TIMES!

Anywho, I didn't waste any time when my Bestie LeeAnn suggested we take the kids for an evening of Carnival Bliss!  Here are a few of my favorite "snapshots" for your viewing pleasure:





And this is BY FAR the bestest video of Ave & Bryce rockin' it out at the Carnival (just like Mama use to do!)...




I don't think I will allow my babies to roam around the local fair alone despite the fact that THIS MAMA LOVES TRAVELLING CARNIVALS!!

Whatcha loving this week? Go link up!

3 comments:

  1. The Hubby and I took Myriam to the carnival Friday! How funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had these same thoughts about carnivals. I remember having a blast at them but wonder if I will ever let my girls roam freely around them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic fun! How could you not want to ride that helicopter??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...