Thursday, June 20, 2013

A NEW Twist on Bacon & Eggs & Toast.

I am linking up with Mama Kat for her Pretty Much World Famous Workshop.

Assignment:   Pinterest inspired! Share something you recently tried from your Pinterest boards.

I am an off again.  On again.  Kinda Pinner.  It just so happens that I tried TWO "pins" this last week.  The first was Candied Bacon Fudge that I already blogged about right before Father's Day and the second was THIS new spin on Bacon & Eggs & Toast.  YUMMY!

What you will need:
Bread
Bacon
Eggs- size small to medium (large and extra large are too big)
Shredded Cheese
Pam Spray
Muffin Tin
Small Cup (to cut out bread circles)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray muffin tin with Pam.

Cut out bread using a small cup, roughly the size of the bottom of a muffin tin cup.

Place these bread circles in the bottom of the muffin cups.

Curl bacon around the sides of the muffin cups.  Note:  Here is where I could totally improve on the recipe...next time I am going to precook the bacon in the microwave for a few minutes as I  overcook my eggs to ensure the bacon got crisp (see below)

Break open an egg into each muffin cup.  Season with Salt n' Pepper.

Sprinkle a little (or lots) of cheese on top...

 Place the muffin tin on a baking sheet (to catch any over drips) and then bake until the bacon is crisp and your eggs are done to your liking. For soft eggs, should only take about 15-20 minutes.



HERE IS WHERE I EXPERIENCED A SEMI-EPIC FAIL.  Because I didn't precook the bacon, I had to bake these things WAY to long to ensure the bacon was done.  This caused my eggs to overcook and well, here is the result of THAT...


Ideally, the bread on the bottom toasts nicely, the egg is cooked so it is still runny (that's how we like our eggs 'round here) and the bacon is crispy.

It still tasted really good despite it's appearance...I swear!

I would have to rate this PIN ATTEMPT as a "Semi-Nailed It!" experience...LMAO!


Go Get Your Inspiration On...
Mama’s Losin’ It

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea. And better yet. Costco sells precooked bacon. So theoretically you could leave that step out. :) I'm all about cheating... I mean shortcuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinterest can be so hit or miss. Next time you'll definitely nail it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it would taste great. I believe you are "spot on" when thinking the bacon needs to be pre-cooked. Let us know if you try again!

    (Now I'm hungry just thinking about it ...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Semi-nailed it...perfect!!! That's how my homemade zebra cakes turned out too...and they took FOREVER!! I don't think I'd make them again...but it's fun trying.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...