Sunday, September 18, 2011

Spiritual Sunday- Firendship

If nothing else, I am honest.  I need some "inspiration" because spiritually, I am not grounded.  I am not lost but I am at a loss.  My Spiritual Sunday posts have become something that I look forward to writing.  It's the one day of the week that I feel like I can post something that my children can read years from now and feel closer to me and my thoughts about spirituality. 

To gain some "inspiration" I stopped into a store in my hometown of Porcupine,ON, Harmony House.  It has been located in the mall for as long as I can remember.  I had never ventured into the store before because I had never felt the urge or need, until this summer.  I went in looking for a book that would provide me with the insight and words I wanted to express about religion...God...Life.  Who would have thought there would be so many books to chose from and I became extremely overwhelmed, extremely quickly.  I didn't leave empty handed, I picked up three pocket size books filled with short stories, poems, "lists", and words of wisdom.  The books I purchased are  not specifically about religion but more about how to live your life with integrity, something I always strive to do.

I started to read some of the contents from each book this week and I became so excited with all the "inspiration" coming to me.  I plan to use these books and the words inside them to guide me through my weekly Spiritual Sunday posts and I hope you will feel the excitement and inspiration as deeply as I do.

This week, in honor of my recent travels to visit friends afar and because of all my "real-life" and "bloggy world" friends that I have been blessed with...I leave you with this:

Friends Are Life's Gift of Love
Helen Steiner Rice- A Collection of Encouragement

If people like me didn't know people like you,
Life would lose its meaning and richness, too.
For the friends that we make are life's gifts of love,
And I think friends are sent right from heaven above.
And thinking of you somehow makes me feel
That God is love and He's very real.








I don't have pictures of my BLOGGY WORLD FRIENDS but you can "check them out" at their cyber-world homes listed on the left side of my page! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love it!

    Thank you for your sharing your journey with this bloggy friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post!! I love the photos of your friends!! And, I'm very glad you consider me one of your blogging buddies!!! The feeling is mutual!! Much love to you!! Thanks for a well needed smile!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...