Friday, March 16, 2012

Saturday Songs That Make Us Sing Linky Party! St. Patricks Day, Confessions & Doomsday...

I Am In a Confessing Mood My Fellow ROCKSTARS!
Get your dancing shoes on and those singing voices ready because ME, Ginger of Just Another Mom of Twins and Becca of Because I'm the Mommy are hosting "Songs That Make Us Sing Saturday Blog Hop!!" 
Here is just a few guidelines:

1.  Please Follow the TWO of "Us"  (we're so much more than just songs...LOL) If you're a new follower please leave us a comment so we can follow you back!
2. Pick A Song...any song that makes you wanna sing! Old-New-Country-Pop-Punk...anything goes. (Let's try to keep it family friendly if we can...LOL) If you want, tell us why the song makes you wanna SING!
3.  Add your link to the "Playlist"
4.  We'd REALLY like you to copy the Linky Code (just click on "get the code") in to your post so your blogger buds can join in on the fun or link back to the both of us so they can at least "find" the party, but you don't have to.
5.  We'd love to see the video of your song (which can easily be shared via youtube.com) but if you just wanna list your favorite song of the day, we're "cool" with that too!
6.  Hey, and don't forget to grab our button while you are at it.  (BCIMommy still likes it cause she thinks it sounds dirty. *teehee*)

Just Another Mom of Twins

Confession #1
I KNOW It's St. Patricks Day but I Am NOT Posting an Irish Song

The reason? I have a few OTHER pressing matters on my "plate" that I wanted to talk about today instead.  When you read what they are it will either solidify how funny you think I am or how "crazy" you know I am...LOL!

Confession #2
I Am a Total Doomsday Prepper Wannabe!
  (I bet you didn't know that about me eh?  LMAO!)

I also totally beleive that it is likely POSSIBLE that Zombies a virus could take the world population down to a more sustainable number and I often think about how my family and I are extremely unprepared for something like THAT!

Confession #3
"The Walking Dead" Is My TV Manual for Doomsday Prep!

I watch this show faithfully!  I have not, nor will I, miss an epsiode.  Not only do I think it's a great "watch" I take mental notes on what to do "IF IT" happens. Yup.  I am not kiddin'. 

This, ties into Confession #2 and explains Confession #1.  It's the season finale tomorrow night and I had to pay my respects...I couldn't have found a better song to do so. 

Given that I live in a metropolis (as pointed out by my Bestie Becca this week), which is thought to be the worst place to be in the event Zombies the world comes crashing down and add that to the reality that I am in no physical condition to "run" or "fight"...I hope I will be able to throw my hands up in the air, flip open my lawn chair, grab a bevvie and sit back while I sing:

"It's the End of the World and I FEEEEEL Fine!  I Feel Fine!"

Oh!  By the way...Happy St. Patty's Day Everyone!
(I trust the Irish will be having that Bevvie with me while doomsday unfolds only they'll be dancing a JIG rather than having their asses planted on some lawn chair...LMAO!)


4 comments:

  1. You r hillarious!! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need "real" ideas on how to prep for doomsday you need to be watching Doomsday Preppers on NatGeo! Although knowing you, it might just push you over the edge. But if you need "real world" advice I can hook you up with my girlfriend Meg whose hubby is a prepper. And they live in the city so it would be very similar to your situation. Although we all love our firearms here in Kansas... and you ARE Candanian....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny, Ging! If I'm 100% honest, I have thought about the possibility of a zombie apocolypse once or twice and if it ever did happen, I'd be right there next to you with me arse in one of those lawn chairs and a pint in me hand. (or, a pint in each!) I haven't actually seen "The Walking Dead" but maybe I should give it a look-see. Ya know... just in case.

    "End Of The World" is one of my favorite R.E.M. songs. ("Losin' My Religion", too) Have a fantastic weekend and La Fheile Paidrig Shona Daoibh! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love REM and haven't heard or thought about them in awhile so thanks for the clip! Glad to have stumbled on your blog. A new follower. Feel free to follow back this twin momma @ http://thelittlelilypad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...