Monday, September 10, 2012

Bribery, A Timer, A Chart and a Party! Potty Training Ginger's Way!

The moment I have dreaded since giving birth has arrived upon our household.  Potty Training.  I can't express with enough emotion how greatly I did not happily anticipate this moment.  So much so, that I have effectively, meaning used diapers with little guilt and all the conveniences of them, avoided toilet training Ave & Bryce for 2 years and 8 months. It was time.  Actually, it was overdo. And so, I starting the daunting task of figuring out the "HOW"...

Like any GREAT MOM I decided to go with Bribery, A Timer, A Chart and a Party!

The Charts
*These are 3 week charts.  I figured if I was going to "go for it" I had better make it for AT LEAST 3 weeks long!

The Pee Bribes
*They get a skittle for sitting on the toilet and another one if they pee PLUS a sticker for their chart!


The Poo Bribes
*These are a variety of dollar store toys like bracelets, dinosaurs, night lights, etc. PLUS a big sticker for their chart


The No Accident Bribes
*These are LARGER bribes like big books, musical instruments, wood puzzles, etc.

The Timer
*More for Mommy than the kiddies, every 15 minutes it's off to the toilet we go!!

The Toilets
*Can you say "DEAL OF THE WEEK?"  These were only $18.00...awesome!


*That needed it's own post...LOL!*

So far...not bad.  The morning of the party was a little "rough" but I mean really, they had one successful pee each and a ton few accidents but after their nap, Ave stayed totally dry and pee'd 6 times.  PLUS had a bowel movement...SWEET!!!!  Bryce, well, he'll get the hang of it soon enough!

I shall keep y'all posted on the progress.  We are aiming for fully trained twins by tomorrow the end of the week...we shall see!

4 comments:

  1. Good job Ging! And way to go Ave and Bryce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing sooo loud BUT when my oldest nephew would call from the bathroom....Aunty Lori - call the toy hotline for a delivery, I pooped in the toilet...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got front row seats for this one. I need all the tips I can get

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...