Sunday, July 17, 2011

Spiritual Sunday- My Son Bryce

Last week on my Spiritual Sunday post I talked about the naming of our daughter Ave, you can read all about that HERE if you missed it.  This week I want to talk about how blessed I feel for having been entrusted with a beautiful baby boy, my son Bryce...
 
There is no “special” story about his name, in fact it is the ONLY name my husband and I could agree on.  Needless to say, it didn't come as “easy” as Ave’s name came to us.  He was going to be called “Jonas” and I know what you're thinking, for someone who claims not to be “Religious” I sure love biblical names, and I do, very much.  I find them to be extremely strong and powerful but I just couldn’t get around the fact that he would likely be called “Jo” and well, I don’t like that name...no offense to anyone reading named “Jo”.  But you know how sometimes you relate a name to a specific person?  I do that with the name ‘Joe” and “Joe” was not a very nice boy.  And so, Bryce is the name we agreed upon.  I was sad that it had no biblical significances or reference but I did like it and I have never known another “Bryce”.  Now, looking at my precious little boy I can’t imagine him being called anything BUT Bryce! (Isn't that how it ALWAYS goes??)

Once we found out we were having a little boy, I remembered hearing a song by the Dixie Chicks, Godspeed, awhile back.  I remember how it made me feel, long before I was ever even considering becoming a “mom”.  I remember thinking that I would sing THAT song to my little boy.  I took out my old box of CD’s and found the song and I played it everyday for the rest of my pregnancy.  All the while, thinking about that little man growing inside of me and the miracle(s) I was carrying, thanking God for his blessings.  It would often bring me to tears....tears of joy of course! (I have that lump in my throat right now as I type.)

I guess you could say that both my children are “attached” to a special song, at least in my mind.  I do LOVE to sing, so it seems rather appropriate.  Here is the song that I listened too everyday while Bryce was in my “tummy” and YES, I do sing it to him...almost everyday! (I also TRY to sing Ave Marie but that’s a little bit harder....LOL!)

3 comments:

  1. I heart the name Bryce!! I agree he looks just like a "Bryce". It is funny how much thought goes into naming your baby and when you agree on the perfect one ... It fits them perfectly!! I guess that is why it takes so long to settle, so it will be perfect.

    I listened to the song as I was typing this comment....it is very beautiful! what would we have done without these miracles we call our babies?!?! We are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story and I love this song!

    Makes me want to go upstairs, pick up Drew, and hold him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet that you have a special song for him! One song that I attach to my baby boy is the song "With You" by Chris Brown. Now, he's not my favorite guy by any means, but the lyrics "You're my sweetheart, And I'm so glad that you're mine
    You are one of a kind" kept going through my head as I was up at all hours nursing my little guy. I haven't thought of that in a while! Thanks for your post! --Christine @ Why We Love Green, visiting from VB

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...