Wednesday, November 14, 2012

5 Things That Bring Me Comfort.

I am linking up with Mama Kat for her Pretty Much World famous Writing Workshop to try and ignite my creative writing juices this week since I've been somewhat uninspired these days. *sigh*

Assignment:  List 5 Things That Bring You Comfort.

Let see.  Hmmmm.  Come on Ginger...what brings you comfort?  This shouldn't be so hard to come up with.  What on earth brings you comfort when you need a little TLC?!?!?!

I've got it.  I think...

#1 HUGS- Have you ever seen those people on the streets of your city/town that give away hugs?  Ya, NOT those kinda hugs.  Those kinda hugs creep me out and make me really, R.E.A.L.L.Y. uncomfortable.  I like hugs from Daddy Dave and my kids.  Having their arms wrapped tightly around, or as much "around" as they can get for little arms...those kinda hugs bring me comfort.


 #2 HOT DRINKS-  Coffee, hot chocolate, lattes & tea.  Depending on what kinda comfort I am in need of, it could include some Kahlua or Bailey's as well.

#3 FOOD-  I'm not super particular on this one.  Could be salty.  Could be sweet.  Might be a balanced combination of both.  Again, depending on my "comfort need" at any given time, dictates what food I will consume.  It's also a source of comfort that I have been battling my entire life.  Hence my F.A.T Friday segments and lack there of more recently.  Damn.

#4 PRIME TIME TV-  Pathetic.  I know.  But it truly provides me with a strong sense of comfort to watch some trashy reality TV show and know that my life is not 1/2 as pathetic as I might sometimes think it is.  LMAO!  It also provides me the needed "educational" training in the event zombies take over the world and I can't think of anything more comforting than knowing that crossbows and/or machetes are more effective in combating the undead than a .350 magnum.  I'm just saying...

#5 SOCIAL MEDIA- Facebook, blogging & pinterest.  Creeping others lives and realizing I don't have it so bad, expressing myself freely without judgement (or at least being able to "delete" someones comment if I don't like what they are saying) & knowing I'm not the only one with "addiction" issues.  Comforting, Comforting & COMFORTING!  Enuff said.

I don't want to jinx myself but I think I might be BACK on the writing train now....LOL!



Need Some Kick-Start Inspiration?  Go Visit Mama!
Mama’s Losin’ It

5 comments:

  1. I feel so comforted after reading this...lol!

    Seriously, I love this list and could get comforted by any and all of the above. Give me a toddler hug, a cup of coffee, trash TV, and my 'puter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list. I'm with you on the food and hot drinks, like coffee. But I'd rather not be hugged by strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list! I love how you were honest and put social media in there....I mean come on, how comforting would life be without the ability to creep on people's lives now'a'days!! LOVE IT!

    Newest follower!!!
    Visiting from Mama Kat's!
    ~Jessica
    takeitlikeamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesom list, including hugs and hot drinks, fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you already know, I'm with you on the hot drinks. I'm not a hugger. I hug my kids and my mom, but not too many others (well, okay, LawnBoy too) My ex husband's family used to make fun of me because when they all used to hug me goodbye I'd clam up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...