Thursday, June 21, 2012

F.A.T. Friday! Derailment & Getting Back on Track...

Welcome to my weekly instalment of F.A.T. Friday! (That's Forging Ahead Together to a healthy lifestyle)

This Week's Suggested Topic Was: Summertime=Vacation Time=Overindulging= FUN Possible Derailment!  What summer vacation(s) do you have planned and how to you plan to be proactive in staying (mostly) on the healthy living train?


Hmmmm, so as it turns out, I don't need to be on vacation to get derailed.  *sigh*  I had a very naughty weekend.  It's a darn good thing that I wrote myself a motivational letter last week because boy, did I ever need to read and re-read that this week.  I managed to "recover" and even lost after a huge weekend weight gain.  It scared me "straight"...LOL!


I am not going to dwell on the details but I will say that I managed to stuff enough calories into my body in less than 2 days to show a 3.6 pound GAIN on Monday morning.  Now, most of that was in fact water because I guess when I choose to eat $hity, I prefer to wash down those calories with alcohol rather than water...go figure.  If I learned one thing, it's how east is to get derailed and how much easier it COULD be to stay that way if you let yourself.  I am an addict.  I LOVE unhealthy food.  BUT NOT AS MUCH AS I LOVE LOOSING WEIGHT...DAMN IT!!!


I am happy to say that I have spent the rest of this week back on track and in focus.  My determination to be proactive during my upcoming 5 week holidays is impressively strong.  Very strong.  So much so that I have a plan.  Oh. Yes. I. Do.  My list of rules and expectations are as follows:


#1 Make a list of grocery items you need and shop within 24 hours of arrival. (My bestie LeeAnn has already picked up some key items...many thanks!)


#2 Bring items that will not be available in rural Porcupine, On (I have already purchased my protein bars, break, salad dressing and vitamins.)  Yes!  They are packed (except the bread, of course).


#3 Plan & Pre-prepare all meals as per usual so that when you are hungry you have "go to meals" ready.


#4 Plan ahead for all social gatherings, and there will be several, to allow for "similar" foods to be consumed as party goers.  (This is a big one, as I have discovered this past weekend)

#5  Have pre-packaged snacks available to grab for moments when you are tempted to "cheat".

#6  If you MUST have something sweet and/or are feeling deprived, you may have an extra protein bar only.  No nibbles or bites of anything else allowed.

#7  If you must partake in the drinking festivities you may only have vodka and diet coke caffeine free with lime. 

#8  Weight yourself when you arrive and have your own weigh in's on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays.  Hold yourself accountable for the numbers on the scale.  Be sure to test for ketones as well.

#9  If you struggle, utilize the Dr. B forum for support.  There are many wonderful, fellow dieters on there that will keep you motivated.

#10  If you do get derailed DO NOT use this as an ongoing excuse to continue on a destructive path. Pull your big girl panties back up and get back on the Dr. B track.

So, there you have it.  A set of rules and expectations that I plan to follow during my summer Vay-K to help keep me on this happy track of healthy living during what is normally a humongous excuse to eat and drink as much as I want!

And Finally...this weeks weight stats:

Week #6- Wednesday June 20, 2012
Start Weight: 282 pounds

Goal Weight: 150 pounds

Last Week's Weight: 249.6 pounds

Current Weight: 248.2 pounds

Weight Lost this Week: 1.4 pounds
Total Lost to Date: 33.8 pounds

*Since weekly weight loss may not be noticeable in pictures, I plan to post updated photos once every 3 weeks

Are you making the commitment this week? Come on then...Link Up & Let's (get) F.A.T!

Next Week's Suggested Topic:  What’s your support system like?  How do family and/or friends support or not support you?  Do you reach out to strangers via message boards, blogs, etc.?

3 comments:

  1. I think it's absolute key not to dwell. We're human and stuff happens. Your list of rules sounds perfect. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you had a bad couple of days, it happens. You didn't let it derail you, so that is a victory. I think you vacation plan sounds very good except #6. That is pretty restrictive and maybe very, very hard to stick to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will support u while u r here Ging!! Xo K

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...