Monday, June 18, 2012

Good Oral Hygiene & Raffi. Mama Loves...

Head on over to Julia's Blog...Pontifications of a Twin Mom to see what other Mama's are loving this week!

I have a deep rooted fear of the dentist but it always brings good laughs when I do FINALLY make an appointment, get knocked out and the aftermath of it all.  Seriously...need a little "pick me up" or a straight out belly-laugh today?  Check it out.

Back to the source of my "Love" today, Raffi.


AND good oral hygiene.  Having clean teeth  has always been something I thought I made a priority.  However, when I met Daddy Dave he gave me a run for my money.  He brushes his teeth AT LEAST 3 times a day AND flosses regularly.  Ya, I know, he's gold star worthy.  Me?  I brush once MAYBE twice a day and floss?  Let's just there there is room for improvement.  (It should be noted that I haven't had a cavity since I was like 6 years old...so, I am doin' "ok"!)

Since good oral hygiene runs in our "blood" we've been brushing Ave & Bruce's teeth/gums since they were only a few months old.  We aren't overly consistent which is shocking given Daddy Dave's obsession own dedication but we try to do our best.  In actuality, it's the kids that usually remind us that it's teeth brushing time right before bed and I am 99% sure it's because we sing this song while taking turns to brush their teeth.  Daddy and I brush for a verse and then they do it for a verse...it's all fun & games!  (I really do think it's set them up to follow in Daddy Dave's obsessive diligent ways to strong oral hygiene.  LOL!)





 We've changed the words to the verses and ours go like this because we never really thought of actually learning the real words.  Hey!  What can I say?  We like to sing to the beat of our drum.

When you wake up int he morning at it's a quarter to:
one and you want to have some fun...
two and you ain't got nothing to do...
three and you ain't got nowhere else to be...
four and you're feeling kinda bored...
five and you wanna feel alive....
six and you're feeling kinda perplexed...
seven and you gots to gets to heaven...


...you brush your teeth!


Mama LOVES Good Oral Hygiene & Raffi!



2 comments:

  1. I love it when the kids remind me it's teeth brushing time, makes me feel like an awful Mom for not remembering.....I really try hard to make sure we take good care of their teeth, it's too expensive as it is with twins, nevermind having to pay for all sorts of dental work down the line!!
    Kim
    My Twintastic LIfe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea to have a song that reminds your kids about brushing. I agree with Kim above, I always feel like an awful Mom if a forget to remind them to brush their teeth before bed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...