Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Life Lessons My Daddy Taught Me

I am linking on up with Mama Kat for her pretty much world famous writing workshop...you should too!

Assignment: Share a lesson you learned from your Father that still sticks with you to this day.

My dad has always been my daddy.  People get a little giggle every time I call him that.  He's a man of many and few words all at the same time...if that makes any sense.  He's taught me a lot of invaluable life lessons throughout my life and I would like to share some of them with you...

 #1  "I've backed up more miles than you have driven!"- This is something I've heard since the day I started criticizing the man who taught ME how to drive.  I have since used it on my husband when he tries to criticize my driving. LOL!


#2  There's nothing wrong with gambling just as long as you aren't gambling away the grocery money.- My dad loves to gamble but he always lived by that mantra.  He would "grease" my palm before entering a gambling establishment because he KNEW that's exactly what I would have to do in order to enjoy myself...Thanks Daddy!

#3  You can't take it with you so you'd might as well spend it while you're alive.- He spoils himself and his family, now, when we can truly appreciate it and be thankful.

#4  No matter how bad of a driver you are, Daddy's will always understand and "take care of it".- Ummm...ya, this is a big one!  Let's see, there was the time a transport trailer sideswiped me in my mom's mini van (that I wasn't suppose to be driving...ooops!).  The time my heavy foot "threw" rocks up and damaged some guys truck and I drove away...the cops traced my dad's truck back to my dad at his business (I might share the full length story of this one someday!)  The time I was washing his truck (so I could borrow it) and backed it up with the door open and it caught on the carport pillar and practically ripped it off.  The time...well, you get the picture!

#5  Daddy's will let their daughters "break out" on their own but they will always be there to catch you when you fall. -I was a stubborn, irresponsible young adult.  On more than one occasion he paid my rent  and helped me out of my credit card "situation".  Thanks Dad!

#6  Daddy's always remember when you made them proud and almost always forget when you've disappointed.- My favorite "proud" moment that my Dad likes to tell all the time is how I problem solved how to get a bunch of fish down to my grandparents using my dolly carriage when I was like 5 years old (another great story, another day).  He never seems to bring up the multiple times I was a jacka$$!


#7  Daddy's will break the law if it benefits their daughters learning opportunities.- My dad started to teach me how to drive 6 months before I was eligible for my learners permit.  Ya.  He ROCKS!

#8  Daddy's will let you get away with a lot of $hit but they will NEVER tolerate disrespect towards their wife(your mom).- I don't want to go there but he'll know what I'm talking about.  It's the only time I can remember my father being VERY angry at me.

#9  Daddy's work hard.  Really. Hard.- My dad owned and operated his own Electrician business.  He showed me that anything worth having is worth working for.


#10.  No matter how old you get, you'll always be Daddy's baby!


Happy Father's Day Daddy!!
I miss you soooo much and can't wait to see you...only 35 more sleeps!
xoxoxoxo


Have You Entered to WIN Some Cold Hard Cash in My Blogaversary Giveaway Yet??

4 comments:

  1. Number 1 and number 6 -- are wisdom for a child and parent to live by. Enjoyed reading about your special relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4...the time u hit a rock with the ranger sending your friends spilling out onto the ground!?!? Lmao!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...