Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Daddy Dave Dishes On Donnerstag (That's German for Thursday) Part IV


After last week's "oopsie" by yours truly...you can read all about that here if you missed it...Daddy Dave is back to DISH!

Just in case you missed the first THREE instalments, you can check those out by clicking on the links below.

Part I- From Childhood to Adulthood
Part II- Daddy Dave Being Funny
Part III- Daddy Dave Plays "This or That"

With lotsa some coaxing and apologizing, Daddy Dave agreed to re-answer the questions I carelessly erased! Without further interruption, I present...



Daddy Dave Dishes Part IV
Daddy Dave Being Serious

What has been the happiest day in your life?
Getting married to my sweetheart was one of the happiest days of my life. She is my soul mate. My children being born is definitely another one of the happiest days of my life.

What has been the hardest day in your life?
Taking Bryce to the Children’s Hospital for his swollen eye. I was so scared that it was something serious.

What are you most grateful for?
That my family and I have good health and many more blessings. I always count my blessings, something we should all remember to do on a regular basis.

Who do you admire most or “look up“ too?
My father because of all the hard working hours he put in to make sure we never went without. And of course my mother too because I was very fortunate to have a mom who stayed at home and made me her number one priority.

What is the best thing about being a dad?
Seeing the kids grow into little beings. They are truly miracles and I can’t help but feel happy that I am a part of them and who they will become.
 
What do find most challenging about being a parent?
Getting up seven days a week. It’s so exhausting to work full time and be a dad too! I never seem to have time for myself anymore. But I wouldn’t trade my family for anything.

What is the one thing you want your children to learn from you?
I think I want them to learn many things from me but if I had to pick one it would be to not think every email has to be answered right away. Meaning, take time to enjoy your life. Not everything is an emergency, even if I sometimes make it that way. Life is too short.

What do you love most about your wife?
Her dedication to our children. The fact that she stays home to raise them, I admire that. It’s not accounting but it’s hard work all the same, it's harder actually.

What is the one thing you wish was different in the world around you?
That people would interact with one another in a more courteous way. I think that people think more about themselves than others, it seems that everyone is too self absorbed these days.

What are you most looking forward to in 10 years?
Watching my kids grow.  Being closer to retirement or maybe further depending on this economy? (I wouldn't look forward to that!) 

Any regrets?
Yes. That I don’t enjoy life more. I am way too worried about things that are out of my control. I am too focused on the “what if’s” and need to learn to find more balanced.
 
Be Sure To Come Back Next Week When Daddy Dave Plays ANOTHER Game..."What If?" (his speciality, apparently) , the last and final instalment of the "Get to Know Him Better" series. 

In the meantime, if you've got something on your mind...a question that ONLY Daddy Dave can answer...please email him directly at daddydavedishes@gmail.com


Happy Donnerstag Everyone!


3 comments:

  1. Ah... Daddy Dave is deep.

    Very sweet DD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Daddy Dave. I am a worrier, too. We must work on this part of ourselves :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...