Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The last thing I have time for is ANOTHER addiction!


What have I done to myself?  There just isn't enough "free time" in my day to squeeze in another addiction...seriously!!


Marcia over at 123 Blog , Mandy over at Twins, Trials & Triumphs as well as several of my friends on Facebook have been going on and on about this really "neat" website...how "addicted" they are to the information available.  I restrained from going to check it out until Marcia posted some controversy happening over there and well, curiosity got the best of me.  That NEVER turns out good...NEVER!

Off I clicked to see what all the hoopla was about.  I requested an "invite" (you actually have to wait to get "accepted"...that really had me intrigued!) and I ended up spending all my "free time" yesterday "surfing" and getting my "fix".  It's official.  I'm addicted...


to PINTEREST!  Oh. My. Gosh.  I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE this site.  I can not believe that I have resisted the urge to check it out sooner.  It is the neatest website I have been too in a L-O-N-G time...I can't get over the amount of information and FABULOUS ideas on there....it's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

In the unlikely event that you are as clueless as I was only a few short weeks ago and you are wondering: What is this pinterest?  Allow me to give you a short explanation.  From what I can gather, it is a place where people have "pinned" (posted) a vast variety of different ideas, pictures, quotes, just about anything and once you request an invite and are "accepted" you can create your own "boards" (folders) and "re-pin" (copy) other peoples "pins" (posts) to your personal "boards" for future reference.  (The "pins" are linked back to the original website that the idea, picture, quote, etc. came from so you can get detailed information.)  It's kinda like have a worldwide informational cork board at your fingertips...did I already mention how I think it's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G? LOL!

I have created 29 boards and have "pinned" 109 items in the span of only a few hours...I can't imagine what my "pinterest stats" will be by the end of this week.  I think I am honestly going to have to set some limitations for myself or it could get "ugly" pretty quickly....LOL!

The problem is twofold for me.  Not only do I have ANOTHER addiction to consume the very limited time I have but all the ideas I am accumulating is also going to take more of my time to "do".  There just isn't enough free time in my day.  *sigh*

I haven't quite figured out the in n' outs of the site but I am working on becoming a "Master" of pinning and re-pinning.  I like to consider myself to be a "creative genius person" so, I really need to figure out how to "pin" my own creations and ideas...I'm not exactly sure how that works?? Yet.  (If anyone has pointers for me, please feel free to let me know.)

If you haven't checked this site out, which by the sounds of it, I may be the last person on Earth to have clicked on over for a gander...but IF you haven't, I strongly suggest you do.  Happiness Misery loves company! LOL!

http://www.pinterest.com/

I'm off to "re-pin" future ways to spend what no little free-time I have left in my day!  If you'd like to see all my "boards and re-pins" you can always come and follow me there too...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Have a Terrific Tuesday Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate the shout-out...but you may have just seen my name "associated" with Pinterest. I requested an invite, and I'm officially "in", but I haven't pinned one thing. I don't trust myself! ;) I have a slight inkling as to how COOL this site is...and I love seeing things that people link to (usually in their blogs)...but I can't AFFORD another time-suck! ;)

    I may get the guts to really check it out at some point...and if so I'll let you know...I'll probably see you around the virtual cork board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I think this ALL.THE.TIME. about everything. I'm a really restless person, and I'd like to think I'm creative. Everything I see, I want to do it or make it or play it or be involved in it, or comment on it and discuss it. It gets out of hand. Boo for not having enough time.

    I'm here following your blog on GFC from MBS. I'd love you to visit me back, if you don't mind! www.becauseidontscrapbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an addict too! And I really don't have time for another addiction either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's one way I manage my time

    I only go on to pin things - i don't browse unless I'm looking for specific things.
    when I do my virtual craft day, I go search for craft things and will then browse a bit

    and that's how it stays under control :P)

    are you following me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wondered what it was...still have not checked it out..thanks a lot... like you.. I don't have time for another addiction!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...