Saturday, October 8, 2011

Spiritual Sunday- Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving Fellow Canadians!! 


You did read that right my friends to the south & overseas!  This is the weekend us "Northerners" celebrate the end of harvest, if you are a "harvester".  For the rest of us, it's the weekend we overindulge in turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie.  We also give thanks.  Thanks for all our blessings.  I have lots to be thankful for this year & every year...

I am thankful for the floors that need to be washed and the windows that need to be cleaned because it means we have a home.

I am thankful for the utility bills that come every month and for the money taken out of our account to pay for them because it means we are fortunate to have electricity, heat, clean water and enough money to afford it.

I am thankful for the supper that needs preparing and the dishes that need rinsing because it means we have food.

I am thankful for the laundry that's piled up and the bums that need wiping because it means I have a family.

I am thankful for the "junk" in my mailbox because it means that we have no letters of debt.

I am thankful that the Doctor doesn't call because it means we have our health.

I am thankful that my heart hurts when I am away from my family & friends because it means that I have people to love and love me back in the world!

 

Yes indeed.  I have lots to be thankful for today & everyday!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...