Sunday, October 16, 2011

Spiritual Sunday- Influential People

I came across this list in one of my books meant to "inspire" me to write my Spiritual Sunday posts and it really got me thinking about all the wonderful people in my life.  

In my humble opinion, I think that too often people look at celebrities, corporate icons, athletes or political figures as the people who most influence their lives.  I mean it's pretty hard not too when you've got Time Magazine listing the 100 Most Influential People in the World or the ever so anticipated People Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful People issue.  And let's face it, in today's society... Beauty + Money + Power/Talent (real or perceived) = Influence.



Today, I am choosing to render my own "addition" of the most influential people in the world.  My world. I want to highlight how their contributions to who I am and who I am becoming touches my life in ways that words will not do justice but I shall try...

Lists to Live By- Influential People
Dr. Steve Stephens

We are impacted most by...

People of Courage- My sister, to me, resembles courage.  She is a single mom and in my mind, especially being a mom myself...that takes great courage and strength. When I am having a "bad day" I think about her courage and it helps me know that I will make it through.

People of Character- My mom's character is pure and honest.  She has proven that living your life with morals and values is the only way to be a productive member of society.  I respect this most about her and try to live my life under the same guiding principles.

People of Discipline- My husband is the hardest working, most dedicated person I know.  The personal sacrifices he makes for his family requires a level of discipline that most could learn from.  Something I learn from everyday.  I am so very blessed he came into my life.

People of Excellence- My friends. I am fortunate enough to have connected with so many great people of excellence. Each with their own stories to tell and life lessons to teach.  Friends are truly the family you pick for yourself.

People of Compassion- My daughter's ability to be compassionate and loving is second to none.  Even though she has a very strong, assertive personality, she is the first to show compassion and has this innate ability to sense when someone "needs her"...it's far beyond her years.

People of Encouragement- Everyone I know.  My biggest critics are my loudest cheerleaders.  I have surrounded myself with positive, loving and encouraging people. 

People of Generosity- My son's generosity is so evident, even at such a young age.  He teaches me on a daily bases the joys of giving and sharing.  I know that he will be the person that will always come to those "in need", even if it means giving the shirt off his back.

People of Wisdom- My dad is one of the wisest, smartest people I know.  He may not be a man of many words but he has been someone in my life that knows just what to say and when it needs to be said.  He has taught me that true wisdom comes with life experiences and that those experiences are unique for everyone.

People of Faith- My bloggy world friends.  I have "connect" with so many people who are "in touch" with their spirituality.  This has enriched my life and has helped me take a more thoughtful and reflective look into my own.

I pray that I will teach my children to surround themselves with positive, influential people as they grow. 
Above all, I pray that I will be & that they will see me as one of those "inspirations" in their lives.



6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Ginger! I'm tweeting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list! I want the same for my son. It is so important that he values who people are and not what they have known for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post for sure Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful and inspirational post! We here so much about celebrities, but the people in our own loves have so many gifts to offer!
    Sarah @ made in usa challenge

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...