Sunday, October 2, 2011

Spiritual Sunday- Happy Birthday Sister!

It is my sister's Birthday today.  She is a FEW years older than I and as a result she had "moved out and on" with life when I was only 10 years old.  It wasn't until later, in our adult lives that we reconnected, I mean, really connected. 

There are a few things that I have left unsaid....









I am grateful everyday for her love and I don't think I've told her how proud I am of her and all that she has accomplished in life.  How I think she is a wonderful mother who is raising a responsible, beautiful daughter.  How I respect how hard she works to provide for herself and family.  That the example she is setting for my niece is one of integrity, unselfishness, sacrifice and honor and by extension she is setting this for my own children.  I don't think I have ever told her just how happy I am that she is my sister.  And I know that I don't tell her enough that I love her, deeply.

I wouldn't trade anything in the world for the life paths we have travelled apart because it was those separate journey's that brought us to the road that lead us to where we are today.  A place of comfort, support, trust, joy and above all, love & respect.

I am not sure if you are reading this post today but I want YOU and everyone to know how honored & proud I am to call you my sister & my friend.  Happy Birthday Chery!  I love you so very much.


To My Sister
A Collection of Encouragement
H. Steiner Rice

If I knew the place where wishes come true,
That's where I would go for my wish for you,
And I'd wish you all that you're wishing for,
For no sister on earth deserves it more.
But trials and troubles come to us all,
For that's the way we grow heaven-tall.
And my birthday prayer to our Father above
Is to keep you safe in His infinite love,
And we both know that gift's don't mean much,
Compared to our love and God's blessed touch.


5 comments:

  1. There's nothing like a friendship between sisters.

    Happy birthday to your sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet! Happy birthday to your sister! I wish I had a sister like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one birthday girl to another, happy birthday Chery! Such a beautiful post highlighting the love siblings have for one another. I hope you forever remain close and enjoy that special bond that only sisters can have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaah, too sweet!

    Ginger, I've written the strict mother post for you! this one is on schedules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.
    Spiritual

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...