Monday, January 30, 2012

A Raddegy Ann & Andy 2nd Birthday Celebration!

What a busy weekend! Ave & Bryce turned TWO and there wasn't many moments without some kind of celebration going on...it was fun! It was exhausting.

I thought I'd share a few pictures of the FA-bulous Birthday Party. They had over 40 people come on Saturday to celebrate...it was a FULL HOUSE!

I am providing a very detailed pictorial of the specifics of their party for two reasons.  The first is because my family and close friends that live afar were unable to come and I don't want them to miss anything...LOL!  The second is because I am "pinning" this to Pinterest in case others might like some ideas on how to bring this "Classic Theme" to life despite the limited party supplies available.

Raggedy Ann & Andy Birthday Party

Theme- Stars & Hearts
Colors- Red & Blue
Some Speciality Items Available at:  Raggedy Land
Other Decorations- Dollar stores, Micheals craft stores, party supply stores


THE INVITATION

I ordered these online at Notably Inviting, they have so many
unique and intriguing invitations/cards to chose from...worth a visit!

I got a little "creative" with the invitation wording!


THE DECORATIONS
 
We had LOTS of balloons....

what's a Birthday Party without Balloons?!?!


as did Raggedy Ann!


Raggedy Andy had his own Balloon Bouquet...

Raggedy Ann & Andy decorations are hard to come by these days so, I had
to be a little creative.  I used my Cricut Cutter to make a Happy Birthday sign with pre-cut foiled stars.
I also managed to find window cling-ons that were on clearance at Wal Mart last year...I must have known
we'd be having this themed party...LOL!

I filled a variety of different vases with candy cinnamon hearts and plopped in a few
sparkle hearts, which I placed throughout the house.

Even the fridge gotta a little "LOVE"!

The Playroom was decorated in mostly hearts

and Valentine's day decorations so we could keep them up after the party!

Since we have so many wooden rails around the house, I twisted some foil heart
garland onto them.  Again, we are keeping these on until after Valentines day!

THE FOOD

I "cheated" a little and ordered pre-made veggie, fruit, meat & cheese trays!

BUT I did make 50 colored bread sandwiches.  Our local supermarket, Sobeys
will bake bread in ANY color you wish...so fun!!

I don't know about your kids but mine LOVE grilled cheese sandwiches therefore, we
had to have a Grilled Cheese Station!
 
I always like to make one "special" food item and this year I opted for Sparkle Donut Pops.
Lesson Learned- You must NOT make these a day ahead as all they will all stick together and
they will not be very "pretty"...LOL!

THE CAKES
This was the "Sweet Treat Station"
We had three cakes...

These are the speciality cakes I had made by Jennifer over at CakesBaby .  They were more for decoration at the party because
we ate them the day after during our "Family Only" Birthday dinner.


I just adore these little masterpieces!
The cake toppers are actually Christmas ornaments for a forever "keepsake"

I ordered a "Cupcake" Cake for all the guests at the party.
I used some Halloween pictures to tie in the theme!

THE "LOOT BAGS"

Rather than "traditional" Loot Bags, I decided to provide a gift that will keep
on giving for years to come.  I ordered hard covered Raggedy Ann & Andy 90th Birthday Celebration books
for each of the children. 

They also got a "sweet treat", as did all the adults.
These are chocolate bars that I covered with personalized "Thank You" wrappers
that I made in publisher.


It's the day after their 2nd Birthday and I am already planning their 3rd...LOL!

Next Years Theme:  Dr. Suess...Oh, The Place We'll Go!!
 (Oh, how excited I am to start planning this one.)

Happy Monday Friends!

9 comments:

  1. Well it looks like the party was a complete success! I'm sure everyone had a wondeful time. Wish I coulda been there to help you celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE! I love those invitations! Everything looked great! I still love doing themed parties for the boys, my friends make fun of me sometimes, but I enjoy it! And that colored bread is awesome!!! I wish we could go to your parties!
    This year we did a Scooby Doo theme and had a hot dog bar with all the fixins....Scooby Doo is a dog = hot dogs, right? So cute, hope you had a blast!
    Kim
    My Twintastic Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger!!!! What a beautiful party - I LOVE ALL THE LITTLE DETAILS (and yes, I am shouting a little bit :)) and best of all, I love your loot bags :)

    GORGEOUS! Just gorgeous.

    (and I get the wanting to plan the 3rd. We just had their 2.5 and I'm so glad it's only 6 months til their real bday :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg!! Great job Ging!! We certainly miss out being alllll the way over here :(
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. G- you are so awesome! Me ( and my kids) want you for a mom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you go momma! I love it!! I bet it was so much fun! And so much work! And yet so totally worth it! =)
    Happy 2nd Birthday Ave and Bryce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute theme. The colored bread is the coolest thing ever! Good job. I bet you are tired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks amazing! I love the invitations, and all the decor...you did a fantastic job of tying everything together! I love the cakes, and the sandwiches are so cool! And the goody-bag books are awesome!

    We did a Halloween / birthday tie-in, too. It's the year of the Ladybug at our house. :)

    I LOVE your theme for next year! And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who is thinking about the following year already! HA! I don't have my theme in mind just yet, but I'm planning for the dairy barn = ice cream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Excuse me while I pick my jaw off the floor. I can't believe you did all this. I'm blown away. And good tip on the Sobeys. I am so ordering colored bread the next opportunity I get.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...