Wednesday, January 25, 2012

There is always a rainbow after the rain!

I wasn't sure I'd be able to link up with Mama Kat this week for her Pretty Much World famous Writing Workshop.  I mean, given the fact that I have devoted this week's posts to living with psoriasis and how society perceives this disorder.  
Leave it to her to have a writing prompt that truly inspired me to write a poem about what it's like living with this chronic skin disorder.

Assignment:  Write a poem inspired by the word: STORM.

The Rainbow After The Rain
Living with psoriasis is like living through a storm.
Much like Mother Nature,  your body takes on a different form.
Your skin can burn as hot as a wild fire,
 And relief from the agony, is all you desire.
When lightening strikes and you hear the thunder,
“When will it stop?” is all you can wonder.
You can feel like you're drowning in a tidal wave of pain,
Knowing that “this too shall pass”, is what keeps you sane.
When your skin is as dry as the fields of a drought,
It helps to remember and to NEVER doubt...
*Whatever we cross, whatever our pain…
God always sends a rainbow after the rain!

Mama Kat has got talent people.  I mean seriously, who could inspire someone to write about such a personal, sensitive "issue" with ONLY ONE WORD!   You gotta sign up and become a part of the "Cool Thursday Blog Hop" crowd.  Not to pressure you or anything...LOL!





Mama’s Losin’ It
 
* I read these two lines on the Internet once.  They are not my own.  I have, however, never forgot these words or the impact these words have had on some of my darkest life moments.


10 comments:

  1. I know your topic was psoriasis, but you took one word, a topic I know little about, and turned it into a poem that said just what I needed to hear today. Just another reason I love me some Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got caught up on your posts from this week. I don't know if it's been difficult for you to write about, but I think it's awesome that you've done so. You've definitely educated me about psoriasis, and you've given me a great reminder on social awareness. You're so right...we can learn a lot from the innocence of children.

    Bless you, Ginger!

    And I hope you had a good appointment this week and will get some relief soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem Ging! (Why do we always pick the same topics? LOL) It's so great that you are sharing such a personal topic with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing insight into your life ... thanks for sharing!

    visiting from Mama Kat's :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing poem !! wow .. you rock !! ;)

    "aunt Dun"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually just made my son a doctor's appointment to see what is going on with this patch of eczema that just will. not. go. away. He keeps saying it hurts, too. Now I'm curious...Kind of glad I read this! Thanks!

    Stopping by from Mama Kat's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your poem. You did a great job!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully written.

    You really took the topic to heart, and made it your own.

    {I'm so sorry}

    ReplyDelete
  9. FANTASTIC analogy!!! We've got eczema all in our family and we definitely know the feeling!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...