Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's Been Sickness Madness Around Here! :(

So, I was really feeling bad for everyone over the last few weeks with having to deal with all the sickness "running" through their homes...I am now feeling sorry for myself. LOL!

 It's been SICKNESS MADNESS around here...Ave came down with the flu at 12:30am on Thursday night.  I never knew such a little person could produce so much bodily fluid.  I ended up camping out on the floor of her room that night and was up with her every 10-20 mins.  We went through every sheet, receiving blanket and towel in the house.  Bryce slept through he whole ordeal (sending a little thanks "upstairs" for that one).  Friday went by pretty uneventfully, we got her fluid intake up and she was even onto some rice cakes and dry toast by evenings end.  Bryce showed no signs of catching the "bug" and I was so grateful.

Fast forward to Saturday...2 minutes before I was about to leave for an afternoon of "me" read shopping, Bryce was "sick" everywhere.  Poor thing.  He continued to produce the same amount of "sickness" as Ave had so I had a good gauge of the length of time it would be until his tummy settled.  Like clockwork, 6 hours later he settled and we started fluid intake.  Ave, while not "sick" was still not 100% but we were confident that she was on the mend.  Both went to bed that night without "incident" and we thought we were over the worst of it until 12:00am when Ave was "sick".  Again.  Sigh.

On Sunday, both Ave & Bryce were not taking fluids well and slept most of the day.  We knew for sure that we were hitting the tail end of this "monster".  That was, until Bryce was "sick" at 8:00 pm on Monday.  Everything he drank that day was no longer in that little tummy of his.  I was now worried and called "health link" (a service here in Alberta where you can call to give symptoms and get medical advice as to whether or not you should go to the doctor's or emergency), after the assessment on the phone was completed, it was determined that we were doing everything we could and they gave us a few things to "observe" to ensure dehydration doesn't set in.  So, here I sit this morning...."observing"...it's so sad, frustrating and exhausting all at the same time.  You know what I'm talking about, right moms?

No blogging for me until we get this all under control but I thought I should let my bloggy world friends know where I am...wish us luck!


Stay Healthy Everyone!

P.S.  I forgot to mention that when I went to bed Sunday night I got the "bug" myself.  I thought I was going to die so I can only imagine how my kiddies felt.  Daddy Dave stayed home yesterday so I could sleep and between that and the amazing workings of DayQuil & NyQuil...I am on the mend. :)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds awful. Hope you and your babies get well very soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing worse than having sick kids. Except of course getting sick after taking care of sick kids. I hope everyone feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor babies--all of you!

    Hope you all get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my...the hits just kept on coming...bless all your hearts!!! I sure hope your post tonight means that you're all feeling better! Thinking of you all, Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, you poor things! It is definitely amazing how much little bellies can hold, until it all comes out! I hope you are all on the mend! When you can, come check my post today, I wanted to give you a little something, cuz I think you're great! Stay healthy!
    Kim
    http://www.mytwintasticlife.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...