Monday, November 7, 2011

Scrapin' In The Mountains! That would be Scrapbooking NOT Fighting! (becuase with me...you can NEVER be sure!)

I'm a lover not a fighter but I thought I should clarify that title given my recent "Incident"....LOL!

Anywho, as I mentioned in my last post I headed to the mountains this past weekend for a 3 day Scrapbooking Retreat.  I L-O-V-E these retreats.  My girlfriends and I get away 2-3 times a year to scrapbook.  It's intense.  In a good way.

Over 50 women gather at the Poceterra Inn in Canmore, Alberta to spend the entire weekend snipping, folding, attaching and chronicling our lives.  Some of us Scrap our children's everyday excitements, others forever capture their vacations in fabulous books of pictures and some take pet lovin' to a whole new level with elaborate tales of their furry buddies.  Whatever captures our hearts can be found within the pages of these amazing Scrapbooks.  Ideas are exchanged.  Stories are shared.  It's truly a weekend of merriment and relaxation...if crafting is your "thing".

For me, it is my creative outlet and a way in which I keep my sanity.  Getting away for 3 nights and 4 days and delving into my little world of memories gives me a fresh, revitalized start when I return to the "real world".  I'm better for it.  My kids are better for it.  My marriage thrives because of it. 

When I am there I have all the snapshots of our fun & loving moments in time and the stroll down memory lane reminds me just how blessed I am in life.  I sit there and reminisce about some of MY FAVORITE things about Ave & Bryce.  I smile quietly at my "station" as I flip through all the pictures of "us" as a family and I am truly amazed how much they have grown and how quickly their childhood is gonna go by.  It reminds me of how precious time is and how important FAMILY is.  It makes me want to be a better person, a better mom, a better wife.  It reminds me to REALLY appreciate everything I have in life and it helps me "re-set" my sometimes selfish and self centered way of thought.  Scrapbooking is my therapy. 

Ok, on a lighter note, Scrapbooking is also tons of fun!  When you are in the Mountains with a glass of wine, good food, great friends and a hot tub...well, enuf said.

For those of you who may be wondering what a Scrapbook Retreat looks like, here are a few pics to give you an idea...

THE ACCOMMODATIONS
This is the hotel that we stay in.  Can you say A-W-E-S-O-M-E?!?!


Each room has a fireplace, 2 queen beds and a kitchenette.


THE ROOM OF CRAFTINESS
Here is where us "Die Hard Scrapper's" create.  Why so much Pink?  On Saturday nights, there is always a "theme".  This year we honored Breast Cancer and the majority of us sported pink outfits! 

Note: Faces have been blurred to protect personal identifies

THE "CREATIVE STUFF"
The amount of inventory we had between all of us was mind boggling.  If I had to guess I would say that there was OVER $150,000 worth of Scrapbooking equipment, paper, embellishments, laptops, etc.






THE FUN & RELAXATION
Not only do we have an entire conference room to Scrap in, we also have access to a large hot tub and pool. (Yup!  That IS a water slide....LOL!)


Can you understand why I L-O-V-E these weekends now?!?!  LOL!

Be Sure to Come Back Tuesday & Meet the "Scraper's of the Mountains"!

Have you ever wondered why people Scrapbook?  Well, 7 ladies were kind enough to answer a few questions about their addiction hobby and I will share that with everyone tomorrow!

Happy Monday...it feels great to be BACK!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I missed your objective and honest views on my posts :)

    And since you asked.... I do wonder why people scrapbook.

    You put 1 pic on a page that can take 4.... it takes hours to "do a page"

    what is the big deal? (I do get the pretty factor) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got away and you had a great time. I love the two weekends a year I get away without my kiddos!
    I'm not a scrapbooker, I don't have the paitence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You guys mean business!!! Looks pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me wish I was a scrapbooker. Maybe I just need to be a chaperone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How'd you get all that stuff there? I mean that's a serious amount of equip to haul. Hope that hotel had geat bell boys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...