Friday, February 17, 2012

Saturday Songs That Make Us Sing Linky Party! Our Wedding Song & What It SHOULD Have Been...

Happy February 18th Everyone!

What many of you MAY not know is that Daddy Dave & I were married 8 years ago on Valentines Day...I told you I was a romantic at heart!  (Besides, I wanted to have some "insurance" that there would be no chance in hell that he would forget our Anniversary...E-V-E-R!  LOL!)

I've decided to once again post TWO songs this week...Mary you are totally rubbing off on me...LOL!

Get your dancing shoes on and those singing voices ready because ME, Ginger of Just Another Mom of Twins and Becca of Because I'm the Mommy are hosting "Songs That Make Us Sing Saturday Blog Hop!!" 
Here is just a few guidelines:

1.  Please Follow the TWO of "Us"  (we're so much more than just songs...LOL) If you're a new follower please leave us a comment so we can follow you back!
2. Pick A Song...any song that makes you wanna sing! Old-New-Country-Pop-Punk...anything goes. (Let's try to keep it family friendly if we can...LOL) If you want, tell us why the song makes you wanna SING!
3.  Add your link to the "Playlist"
4.  We'd REALLY like you to copy the Linky Code (just click on "get the code") in to your post so your blogger buds can join in on the fun or link back to the both of us so they can at least "find" the party, but you don't have to.
5.  We'd love to see the video of your song (which can easily be shared via youtube.com) but if you just wanna list your favorite song of the day, we're "cool" with that too!
6.  Hey, and don't forget to grab our button while you are at it.  (BCIMommy still likes it cause she thinks it sounds dirty. *teehee*)

Just Another Mom of Twins

OUR WEDDING SONG

Ok, so just so you know Daddy Dave was the BEST fiance ever. Ever.  He really didn't seem to mind that I was planning every. single. detail. of our wedding.  I would ask for his opinion and he would say, "If that is what makes you happy, it makes me happy!".  SWEET...I know!  Especially after seeing some grooms on those wedding shows who want their opinions ACTUALLY heard...hahahahaha!

Even when it came to our wedding song, Daddy Dave really didn't have much say.  I know! I know!  It's suppose to be a mutual decision based on some "memory" of our dating time together but when I heard Ms. Shania Twain's song,  "From This Moment" well, it was decided there and then that THAT song would be my wedding song.  Ok, that's not totally true, my first choice was Madly, Deeply,Truly but my sister "stole" that one for her wedding and so....

The lyrics to 'From This Moment" truly encompass everything marriage means to me.  I LOVE this song and will forever cherish it as the song of the day Daddy Dave and I exchanged our vows to one another.  However, in reality and hindsight, there was a MUCH better song that we could have chosen, TOGETHER as a couple (you know, if I wasn't such a control freak and all and wanted the "perfect" wedding)...



The Song We SHOULD Have Had

Don't get me wrong I love the song we had and always will but I kinda "fancy" Daddy Dave & I as more of a Johnny Cash & June Carter "type" couple rather than, Shania & Mutt, after all, THEY ARE divorced and Johnny loved June until they day she died.  I am also confident that her love for him carried on in to the afterlife.

"Long Legged Guitar Pickin" Man" is not only a totally cool and catchy tune but I think the message it sends is loud and clear...

"But we can work this out...uh huh, yes ma'am I think we can!"

Daddy Dave & I are in "it" for the long haul and no matter what trials and tribulations come our way, we will always be able to "work it out"!


4 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) Anniversary!! I hope you had a wonderful day together this Valentine's Day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Ginger! I know it's late, but I think the world would stop spinning on it's axis if I was ever on time! LOL (hubbs would probably have a stroke too!)

    I love your song choices and I can definitely relate. We're more the June & Johnny type too! I left a little message for you and Becca on her post about "sistas" so check it out if you get a chance, OK?

    I also want to thank you for co-hosting this par-tay every week. I really look forward to doing my STMUSS posts. In fact, they're usually the only ones that I really plan ahead of time.

    Hope you, DD and the kidlets have an amazingly awesome weekend! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok my favorite Johnny Cash/June Carter song (which I almost played this weekend BTW) is "Jackson". "We got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout!"

    What a amazing couple. Anytime you see them perform together you can just tell how much they love each other.

    Happy anniversary to another great couple. Happy anniversary Ginger and Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't peg you for a country girl. Love both choices. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...