Friday, February 3, 2012

Songs That Make Us Sing Saturday Linky Party! My Secret Crush...

Happy February Everyone!
Can You Believe We Are Already in the Second Month of 2012?  Where Does the Time Go?

Call me a hopeless romantic but to me February represents the ultimate month of LOVE and I am therefore going to be sharing some love songs inspired by some funny and sentimental stories of my life.  I hope you enjoy and maybe even join me on the "LOVE TRAIN"...LOL!
So, get your dancing shoes on and those singing voices ready because ME, Ginger of Just Another Mom of Twins and Becca of Because I'm the Mommy are hosting "Songs That Make Us Sing Saturday Blog Hop!!" 
Here is just a few guidelines:

1.  Please Follow the TWO of "Us"  (we're so much more than just songs...LOL) If you're a new follower please leave us a comment so we can follow you back!
2. Pick A Song...any song that makes you wanna sing! Old-New-Country-Pop-Punk...anything goes. (Let's try to keep it family friendly if we can...LOL) If you want, tell us why the song makes you wanna SING!
3.  Add your link to the "Playlist"
4.  We'd REALLY like you to copy the Linky Code (just click on "get the code") in to your post so your blogger buds can join in on the fun or link back to the both of us so they can at least "find" the party, but you don't have to.
5.  We'd love to see the video of your song (which can easily be shared via youtube.com) but if you just wanna list your favorite song of the day, we're "cool" with that too!
6.  Hey, and don't forget to grab our button while you are at it.  (BCIMommy still likes it cause she thinks it sounds dirty. *teehee*)

Just Another Mom of Twins



My Secret Crush

It's 1986.  I am in grade 8 and I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my classmates for one of the MANY parties my mom allowed me to have.  (I think it was her way of keeping an "eye" on us teenagers but little did she know that we played "in the closet"...LMAO!)

Anywho, I've got the chairs all set out around the basement rec room with a big area for dancing smack dab in the middle.  The pop and chips are neatly placed on the "refreshment" table.  The stereo is all hooked up and ready to play music that will have mostly the girls dancing with each other EXCEPT when the slow songs come on.   That is when we would all find a partner and start the whole, "her hands on his shoulders, his hands on her waist, moving their feet from side to side" slow dance (you remember this "classic" dance don't ya? LOL!).

I have about 1/2 hour before my guests arrive so I allow myself a moment to "fantasize" about something I knew would never happen...my "deam dance" with the red haired boy in my class.  It was never gonna happen becuase my friend had had like a 100 year crush on this boy and in my school, once you passed a 1 month crush, that boy was "off limits". LOL!  So, I knew that when this song came on she was going to B-Line it to him and I would dance with another boy when my heart really wanted to be dancing with him.  And so, I put this song on and had my "dream dance" all by myself.

I had LOTS of crushes.  Now that I think about it, I had a crust on almost every boy in my class.  But THIS crush was my little secret. 



4 comments:

  1. Wow, I've always loved this song! Never saw the video for it, though--so cool! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a blast from the past! Of course I already had a 2 year old in 86, but boy do I remember the crushes I had in 8th grade... and 9th... and 10th... Oh, sorry! My mind got away from me for a second. Must be the residuals from all that hairspray in the 80's. ;~)

    Great song choice and a great story to go with it! Loved Cyndi then and still love her wacky a$$ today.

    Have a stellar weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did we all look THAT bad in the 80s? I mean, what the hell is living in her hair?

    I had very few crushes in school because with 76 kids in my graduating class there were very few boys to begin with and also because we all went to school together since Kindergarten! When you've known someone that long all romantic notions die quickly.

    But did I mention that I love Cyndi anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your story! That is so cute and sweet! My favorite love song will always be a very little known song by Jewel called "Absence of Fear." It was our wedding song. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...