Thursday, December 8, 2011

Candy Cane Bark...Yummy AND Easy!!!

As a follow up to my post on Tuesday on how to make Candy Cane Vodka, I am posting my Easy Peasy recipe on how to make Candy Cane Bark...yummy!

What you will need to make approximately 6 boxes of Candy Cane Bark:

4 packages of white chocolate chips
24 Candy Canes
6 Festive Boxes
Clear Wrap



Unwrap 24 Candy Canes & place into a large Ziploc baggie

Crush with a kitchen mallet

Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper

Place all the white chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave on 50% heat
to melt, checking every minute and stirring.
Place crushed Candy Cane's in a colander and shake over a bowl.
Put the shifted Candy Cane "dust" to the side...

Add the larger pieces to the melted chocolate and stir.

Spread onto the lined cookie sheet ( Be sure to spread it so it is thin).

Grab that Candy Cane "dust" and shake it on top of the Bark...press down lightly with the
back of a spoon.  Place in freezer or fridge for 1/2-1 hour to "set".

Peel Bark off the wax paper and break into small pieces.
Line your boxes with clear wrap and place your yummy Candy Cane Bark inside.
Cover...DONE!  (I told you that it was Easy Peasy!)

For an EXTRA SPECIAL GIFT...
Add to the Candy Cane Vodka and wrap in cellophane & attach a ribbon!

Happy Crafty Christmas Friends! 

Don't forget to join in on some Christmas Carolling F-U-N!  Come join our Christmas Songs That Make Us Sing Blog Hop...We Go Live at 7:00pm (MST) Friday Evening!


5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using the candy cane "dust" like that! And those are truly beautiful boxes. :)

    I bought some gorgeous ribbon this past week to wrap our holiday goodies...that's definitely part of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooo tempting me to get domestic diva this Christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dust too!! You're so crafty.

    And can I just say that it kills me that you are going to be flying over me for Christmas. I just can't tell you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I've always wanted to know how to make that stuff. You are fabulous!!! I'm totally using your recipe this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, okay, I will try AGAIN to make this stuff. You make it look so easy but my chocolate just doesn't melt. I'll go look for choc chips tomorrow and try again - you've got to love a recipe where you can pound your frustrations away :)

    PS look out... I posted something your way today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...