Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Elf On The Shelf! A Dilemma...Can YOU Help?

I am soooooo excited about The Elf On The Shelf!!  I only JUST discovered this phenomenon when I became addicted interested in Pinterest.  I started seeing all these "Elf On The Shelf Ideas" and I was like, "WTH is this Elf thingie?".  So, I "clicked" on over to several sites and was super stoked about the whole thing.  I am talking, ran out to the ONLY place in Calgary that sells them and snagged our very own Elf On The Shelf.  (My kids ar not even 2 years old.  Whatever.  LOL!)  If you have NO CLUE what I am talking about, like I didn't a few short weeks ago, CLICK HERE and check it out for yourself!


Anywho, I have been "spreading" the word about The Elf On The Shelf to EVERYONE & ANYONE who will listen.  I had 3 emails in my inbox a few weeks back to give me the "heads up" that The Elf Of The Shelf animated, 30 minute, TV Special was airing on Friday.  I was thrilled to bits.  I PVR'd it and the kids have been FAITHFULLY watching it every night at 5:00pm SHARP since.  Cuddled in their blankets and armed with their drinks...I am guaranteed 30 minutes of silence EVERY NIGHT!  (Can you say S-W-E-E-T?!?!)  They absolutely LOVE  those little elf's...L-O-V-E!


I am soooooo excited to have "OUR" Elf delivered from the big fat guy himself BUT my I have a bit of a dilemma...is next year too soon?  The kids will be ALMOST 3 years old.  What do YOU think?  Too young?  I just would hate to miss out on ONE year of their innocence...you know before they figure out that Santa is in our hearts and not actually coming down our chimney's!  So, come on, help this Mommy out...pleeeze!  Should I start this "tradition" next year or wait until they are ALMOST 4 years old?!?! 



Do you have an Elf On The Shelf?  I am ALWAYS  on the "hunt" for new & exciting ideas!





8 comments:

  1. I don't think it's too young. My nephew is just 3 (Dec 4th) and he totally gets it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I knew nothing of this elf on the shelf - it sounds AWESOME! From what I understand I don't think that 3 would be too young...I say try it next year!
    In the meantime I am going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost 3 is probably perfect. My 3 year olds are SUPER into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it!

    You should check out the naughty elf contest at the blog, Baby Rabies....hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what I see online, next year will be perfect. They'll be almost three...which is close to our girls' age now...and I'll bet A&B would be all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't wait....my nephew is 3.5 this year and we just got Chippey---because he wanted to name him Stinky Pants :) and he is falling for it hook, line, and sinker. My littlest nephew is almost 2 and he looks for "shippey" every morning too and points him out during the day. We don't put in place places very easily reachable but if they got a chair and really tried they could, and no one has. Also the show is being watched everyday, and lots of parts are memorized and repeated like, "Aunty sing -stravalorious- and poke him with a pepperment stick" Go for it Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have an elf (Fly--Hey the kids named him) we got him last year and the boys were 3 and Myriam was 4. It's the only reason my kids mind during the holiday season. I occationally break him out through the year if my kids need a little "help" being good.

    But our elf is really lazy and sometimes forgets to "fly to Santa" for like 4 or 5 days... um... yeah. He mostly becomes yet another reminder of my failures as a parent. LOL

    I'm not the person you should take advice from.... Good luck with your elf! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have one, but I just love the idea. My daughter will be 3 months on Christmas so I have some time before it would be fun for anyone besides me :p
    I didn't know there was a tv special but even I'd like to see it. Your kids look adorable all cuddled up watching it.
    I think they might enjoy the elf at almost three. Even if they don't, it gives you a year of practice because they'll definitely be ready at almost four - that's the age my nephew is now and I know he would love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...